- Shading using PBR was essentially changed. Now GGX lighting is natively supported. What does it actually means:
- Almost all voxel sculpting shaders are PBR compatible now. Each shader has a rich set of parameters, including different textures, sss, gloss, metalness, cavity and bulge settings. This allows a very good support of cavity and bulge presented in realtime.
- All PBR shader effects (except pseudo SSS effect) will be exactly baked into the paint room.
- PicMat-s are also present but it is not guaraneed they will be baked correctly, so use them only on intermediate stage.
- GGX exact support means compatibility with most of the current engines and renders!
- Painting over mesh is „as is“ without modulation on background shader color. But painting over layer 0 is disabled for voxels/surface.
- Factures are included in this build (DX version only). This is essentially beta stuff, so it is just for review.
Factures are an addional covering over the voxel/surface objects. We take a tiled texture and mix it with random pieces seamlessly. It allows to cover meshes with tiled textures without tiling. Also it allows to texture objects without UV-s at all. It is very important for landscapes. It was developed a long time ago, but now we decided to expose it as beta tool.
To use factures go to Paint room, open Windows->Popups->Factures and select „facture“. Now paint over an object. The texture will be modulated by selected color.
- Old shaders are disabled because the new shader system was completely rewritten.
- Old panoramas are disabled, you will need to add them as HDR or EXR files from scratch.
Click here for download: Current 3D-Coat version…
Infos about using 3D-Coat versions:
- 3D-Coat beta versions can be used by registered users only. You have to register the current release to be able to use the current beta.
- You are invited to test and use the new beta version while the whole developing process until the official release.
- The permission to use the beta ends at the final release date. In this case you are able to buy the new release.
- Beta versions are NOT final releases! Be careful using them for your projects.