Update infos for version 4.5.18
News / Improvements
- 3D-Printing function included in PRO version
(edu does not include it because pilgway plans a special cheap version specialized on 3D-printing).
Look File->Export for 3D printer for details.
- Import color will import into a new layer instead of overwriting the current active layer. Operation is undoable.
- Retopo strokes mode supports Lasso, rectangle, ellipse, spline E-mode.
- More/less button in materials control panel got logical description how it works. It is applicable for cubemapping as well.
- Left align for all list windows.
- Incorrect import/export vertex color with WRL fixed.
- Crash related to cavity calculation related to mirrored UV sets fixed.
- Correct preview image creation for PSD files.
It means that packages that use preview image from PSD file instad of layers sum will correctly read PSD files from 3D-Coat. It’s for example Unity and Blender.
- Fixed multiple problems related to paint/transform tool.
- Fixed pose undo problem that was able to make non-undoable mesh corruption.
- Eraser with CTRL in brush tool works correctly even if CTRL released earlier than LMB.
- Color picker works correctly over invisible layer.
- Fixed problem of layer selection through opacity layer in pop-up windows.
- Measure tool tweaked to be more convenient – fixed problem of line disappearing when other measure curve/point clicked.
- If two merged paint layers are using same blending mode, merge down will not drop blending to default one.
Last two weeks Andrew paused refactoring and devoted completely to bugfixing and small tweaks. This build expected to be stable, but your help with testing will be extremely helpful. If nothing bad will be found there Andrew will put this build to main downloads.
Andrew was in vacation for almost two weeks, so changes are really minimal. He still have not resolved all problems accumulated during that time, but merging is a critical problem, so he made this build. Main development is in other branch now.
Click here for download: Current 3D-Coat version…
Infos about using 3D-Coat versions:
- 3D-Coat beta versions can be used by registered users only. You have to register the current release to be able to use the current beta.
- You are invited to test and use the new beta version while the whole developing process until the official release.
- The permission to use the beta ends at the final release date. In this case you are able to buy the new release.
- Beta versions are NOT final releases! Be careful using them for your projects.