blender 2.79 – RC 2 released
The Blender Foundation and online developer community are proud to present Blender 2.79!
As the 2.79 is an important release before the transition to the 2.8 series, please help Blender by testing the available builds and reporting possible issues.
In this release:
- Cycles: Built-in Denoising, Shadow catcher, Principled shader, AMD OpenCL optimizations.
- Grease Pencil: New frame interpolation tools, per-layer onion skinning.
- Alembic: Improvements to compatibility, stability and support.
- User Interface: Initial support for reusable custom configurations, automatic DPI scaling.
- Twenty Three new and several updated add-ons.
- And: 100s of bug fixes and other improvements!
Click here to see the complete release information: Let’s see…